Responsible people make sure they have a wellness checkup at least annually. It makes them feel safer, catches certain conditions before they become troublesome, and educates them on their bodies. The same is true of a male sexual health inventory by way of an annual visit to your physician if you have a regular partner. But many men continue to hesitate when discussing their sexual issues with their physicians.
We're here to tell you that:
- Doctors know the science of handling sexual problems.
- Your physician has heard it all. Nothing about your sexual health (or lack thereof) will surprise them.
- Common sexual problems are potentially treatable.
- Erectile dysfunction (ED) may be reversible.
Hey, you! Wake up, guys! Get a checkup now!
Sexual Health Inventory (SHIM)
Yes, the acronym for this kind of check-up is SHIM. The Industrial and Community Health Research Centre, Keele University School of Postgraduate Medicine, Hartshill, and Stoke-on-Trent, England, joined together to provide an estimate of the prevalence of sexual dysfunction in the general population of the UK. Physicians sent an anonymous questionnaire for a random sample of the general adult population. The survey included these questions:
- How confident are you of getting and keeping an erection?
- How often were your erections hard enough to penetrate your partner?
- After penetration, how long were you able to maintain your erection?
- How difficult was it to maintain your erection to the completion of the intercourse?
- How often was your attempted intercourse satisfying for you?
Researchers found the following:
- Erectile dysfunction took place in 3.7 percent of men in the 20-35 age group.
- ED was present in 55 percent of men in the 35-55 age group.
- ED was present in 41 percent of the men over the age of 55.
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction, the inability to get and keep an erection during sex, is not necessarily a sign of trouble if occurs from time to time. If it becomes ongoing, however, causes may include these physical or psychological problems:
- Injuries that affect the spinal cord or the pelvic area
- Heart disease
- Enlarged prostate or prostate cancer treatments
- Atherosclerosis (clogged blood vessels)
- Sleep disorders
- High cholesterol
- Substance abuse or alcoholism
- High blood pressure
- Peyronie's disease (scar tissue inside the penis)
- Tobacco use
- Metabolic syndrome (increased blood pressure, high insulin levels, body fat around the waist, high cholesterol)
- Some prescription medications
- Parkinson's disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Depression, anxiety, or other mental health conditions
- Relationship problems, poor communication, concerns
Let's Talk about Psychological Issues and Sex
A sexual disorder does not mean that a person has something wrong with them. In today's world, sexual concerns such as erectile dysfunction can improve by a variety of treatments. Some interventions take the form of psychotherapy. Additionally, a sexual disorder only occurs if the person feels a great deal of anxiety or distress in his or her life. Sometimes, for example, a specific fetish is enjoyed and accepted if it is not causing trouble in a person's life.
Unfortunately, men with ED sometimes experience a variety of psychosocial stresses that can include:
- Loss of self-esteem
- A diminished sense of masculinity and health status
- A lowered quality of life
- An unsatisfactory sex life
- Relationship issues
- Inability to provide sperm for impregnation
Men with depression may have a higher incidence of ED than others of the same age. Physicians have discovered that treating the depression along with the ED actually improves depression scale scores more than only treating the depression.
Clinical studies show that being in a loving, supportive relationship can make a person healthier. When significant personal involvements break, this can be one of the most stressful life events and will impact a person's general health. And, the amount of sexual intimacy in a caring relationship correlates with satisfaction within a relationship.
What's a Guy Supposed to Do?
Thankfully, there are plenty of ways to get back on track:
- Work with your doctor to manage your chronic health conditions, including, of course, heart disease and diabetes
- If you are experiencing periods of depression, anxiety, or other mental health concerns, get some help
- Continue your regular checkups and keep up with your medical screening and tests
- Do whatever is necessary to reduce stress
- Stop smoking
- Be moderate in the amount of alcohol you consume
- Eliminate mood-altering, illegal drugs
- Get into a regular exercise habit
- Certain medications can treat ED
- Injections into the penis sometimes work
- Talk with your partner about issues that may interfere with your sexual energy
- Think of new ways to keep your sexual relationship exciting and erotic
Some Excellent Advice
Have you ever thought of spicing up your sex life? In many cases, a change of any kind can be the key to renewed closeness. We certainly have some recommendations at MysteryVibe. If your libido needs a bit of a restart, consider reviewing the most innovative pleasure-producing products pages you may have ever seen.
Our product is changing the way people feel about sexual health. The Crescendo can shape to fit your body. Erogenous zones you did not even know existed will appear. This perfect companion for foreplay and intercourse has six powerful motors and is flexible and easy to clean. The MysteryVibe app allows you to control your orgasm or lets your partner join in on the fun. You can pre-set your vibration patterns or create your own.
The Crescendo is also unisex and bendable vibrator. This tool is the vibrator you and your partner have been searching for these many years.
Michael Castleman, a sex counselor at AARP, says that men and women alike can enjoy using a vibrator. He adds that vibrators can:
- Help women respond to other types of erotic stimulation
- Some women require stimulation beyond what fingers and mouth can provide
- Forty-five percent of American men have used a vibrator in partner sex at least once
This vibrator is for men and is wearable. It stimulates multiple areas, increases blood flow, heightens sensations, connects vibrations to partners, and improves the overall sexual experience.
MysteryVibe's PLAYbook has all the positions and techniques you need to get the most out of your Tenuto. The possibilities are endless, and to add to the fun, the Tenuto is waterproof. You can control your erection and supercharge both performance and pleasure.
The app has preset patterns, but you can create vibrations and intensity patterns yourself, as well. The design stretches and adapts to each user's penis and perineum. By doing so, the Tenuto increases blood flow, extends erections, and prolongs the pleasure.
According to Men's Health Magazine, says a study in 2012 found that heterosexual men admitted to using and enjoying a vibrator at one point or another during their adulthood.
The magazine continues by stating that MysteryVibe's Tenuto, or as they call it a "guybrator," will probably make men better lovers, too.
The MysteryVibe App is, say many, the best sex toy for couples. Others add that the ability to take control of the vibration speed, intensity, and pattern to suit people's needs is a technological breakthrough.
Tips for using your Crescendo and Tenuto are in the PlayBook (and we do mean "play"). The clear instructions and the creativity of the positions are bound to get any guy's sexual health level a bit higher with every play date.
Harvard Medical School reports that sex is not only a pleasurable activity, but it can also allow a man to participate in and enjoy sexual activity fully. The article states:
A range of physical, psychological, interpersonal, and social factors influence a man's sexual health.
Health.harvard.edu says experimenting with different positions can add interest to lovemaking. For example, increased stimulation of the G-spot when her partner enters from behind can help a woman reach climax.
The names of positions enhanced by the Crescendo and Tenuto alone are mental stimulation.
- Pulsating Spank
- Giddy-Up Buzzin' Stud
- Zen Climax
- Fellatioship of the Rings
Are you in the mood yet?
The bottom line here at MysteryVibe is that sex can be improved. America's attitude toward sex has swung from acceptance to disdain and back again. It is our mission to strengthen male and female sexual health. We want individuals to be more comfortable with sex-related conversations and become more open to the idea that sexual "play" is a popular activity. MysteryVibes wants the word itself (sex) to refer to lovemaking instead of something taboo.
If MysteryVibe has anything to do with this sort of change, we will wear that badge proudly. Our efforts center on:
- Making individuals talk, explore, discover, and satisfy their curiosity
- Elevating people's pleasure
- Mutually proposing possibilities
- Talking about what feels good
- Communicating your desires and fantasies
- Introducing a variety of choices
- Boosting relationships and increasing sexual satisfaction
- Enhancing playfulness, adventure, and increased sensation
- Inviting exploration
MysteryVibe has the guides, playbook, toys, and technology that will pull you into an exciting, new, and more sensual world. Contact us today for more information.